It took ages to pack up mum and dad on Friday morning but we
did it and with a full car they and Phil were on the road by half past
nine. I had my work cut out because I
had to get all the bedding and towels washed and dried. I cleaned both the caravans and managed to
get to MK by midday. We still have loads
of stuff at Overstone and I am wondering where we are going to put it all
because the GP flat is now full up.
Phil got back to the flat about 2pm and to be honest, I was
surprised to see him home so early. He
said that when he got to mum and dads bungalow, the plumber was still busy
working on the new boiler and it was chaos so he decided not to stay for
lunch. I popped over to see Sue in the
afternoon and found her really suffering with her cold. Our Friday evening was quiet; I had a nice
long bath and Phil went to bed to read his book. We are very comfortable and cosy in the flat
and I have to say that it’s very quiet.
Most of all, we are warm and it’s a luxury to have a gas boiler with
radiators that heat the place in minutes.
Of course it’s all a novelty at the moment.
We had a good weekend.
Phil stayed home to work on computer stuff on Saturday and I went to
paint with Sue to paint at her house in Monkston. Matt came along to help and between the 3 of
us, we had a very productive day and achieved quite a lot. I was disappointed with the walls in the
lounge which were really patchy so my first job was to give them another
coat. Matt re-felted the roof on the
garden shed and Sue got stuck into cleaning the windows in the kitchen and
scrubbing the ceramic hob.
After a cheese and beetroot sandwich we painted the main
bedroom which actually needed 2 coats but it was much easier than the
lounge. The day flew by. I finished at
4pm and left Matt and Sue to finish off.
When I left I didn’t feel tired at all but fatigue hit me when I got
back to the flat and I slobbed out on the sofa.
Phil had cooked a Thai Green curry and we ate this and then settled down
to watch a film. Unfortunately I lasted
about an hour and then fell asleep.
Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in I don’t
know how long. I felt like a
newbie. I managed a 40 minute workout
having decided to take it easy for my first session. It felt good; I have got quite a way to go
before I am back to my original fitness levels but I will get there. Or maybe I
won’t but either way it felt good to be doing cardio again. While I was at the
gym I had tasked Phil to look for a small tumble dryer to fit in the airing cupboard
but on my return from the gym he hadn’t managed to find one. I had a feeling that this was going to be
difficult and in hindsight, I wished we’d have put the washing and dryer in the
kitchen. I spent an hour or so on the net
looking for a condenser dryer also without success. I have had another search this morning and I
think I am going end up with a dryer in the bedroom. It’s not ideal but I cannot live without a
tumble dryer. No way.
We picked up Sue at midday and drove to the Thai Modern in
the city centre where we were lunching with Jan and Steve having decided to try
the Sunday buffet. The restaurant was
packed out and I was glad that I had booked a table. We were lucky because our table was situated
right next to the buffet area. The food
was very good and I am ashamed to say that I made a right pig of myself which
is one of the downsides of buffets I suppose. The upside is that you get to try
different dishes. My favourite is till
the Tom Yum soup and the green curry but the massaman beef curry was very nice
also. After lunch we all went back to
Steve & Jan’s house and had wine and nibbles whilst watching photographs of
Jan & Steve’s various holidays. The
afternoon soon went and I guess it was half five’ish by the time we got back to
the flat. I don’t why after a leisurely day we felt so tired. Last night was
X-factor and then an early night.
After being so busy with one thing and another, it all feels
a bit flat this damp Monday morning which is a bit silly after such a nice day
yesterday. The main bulk of our move is
done and there is much to look forward too.
Watching Steve & Jan’s holiday photographs on their big plasma
yesterday put me in holiday mode and with only 9 days to go before we fly off I
am beginning to feel the first stirrings of excitement. Two weeks of sunshine and doing nothing much
more strenuous than reading my Kindle seems very appealing. And today I am skiving out of my duties. For
once in my life I am going to ignore the ‘to do’ list and take myself to
the centre for some serious shopping.

No comments:
Post a Comment