Hey, here we are on day 3 of the New Year and my very first posting. I feel like a virgin blogger although I don’t why, god knows I have been doing this for nearly 5 years now. So did you have a good new year, did the champagne flow, did the night exceed all your expectations??? Did you have a bad hangover on NYD??? So many questions; I’m afraid me and Phil were very boring, I went to bed at 9pm, Phil at 11pm and for him there was no alcohol whatsoever. Normally, even if we stay home alone, then we at least open a bottle of bubbly but not this year. I cracked open a bottle of red and we had some nibbles but that was the extent of our celebrations. Phil said he heard the fireworks at midnight at the club house but yours truly didn’t, I was away with the fairies.
And so we come to the start of 2012. I don’t have very much to bring to the table I’m afraid because there has not been a lot going down. But as usual, with the start of every New Year and I make my resolutions and they are as follows, in no particular order:-
1. Give up smoking other people’s fags, namely Sue’s and Harriet’s. They have been a little bit of a prop this year whilst under stress but there is one thing nicking the old one to smoking a whole packet without paying for them. Also I am a little bit disappointed with myself; for years I have tried to beat the nicotine habit and what went from one fag with a glass or red and all of a sudden you crave nicotine first thing in the morning. Back to square one almost. It’s not good, it’s my fault because I know I have an addictive nature and I need to overcome.
2. Okay second resolution is to give up the nicotine chewing gum. I have been known to chew an N gum, spit it out and then cadge one of Sue’s L&B. Not clever Claire. It’s funny the chewing gum is going to be my hardest to give up because I have realised lately that I use it as a hunger suppressant. Told you I had addictive genes!
3. My third NYR is to get fit and by that I mean really fit. I have been really inspired and shamed by Vanessa Ford who never fails to amaze me in the stuff that she does for Willen Hospice and I have decided that I would like to run a half marathon for Willen. In time I’d like to run the London marathon but one thing at a time Clairabella, baby steps to start!
4. Number 4 resolution was to really push Phil with his weight loss and ultimately his health but you know what, this is now crossed of the list. I realised that when I think back, I have been trying to help him loose weight for the last 10 years and I have had enough. If he seriously wants to loose weight, lower his blood pressure, his sugar levels and his cholesterol, then it’s got to come from him. In 2012 if he wants to stuff fruit scones down his face and pour cream onto his porridge then it is his decision. I just give up on him. You can take a elephant to water but you can’t make him drink.
5. My last resolution is not to be so moaning and groaning all the time and be more positive, I am a girl with a half empty glass but in 2012 I should like to be a girl with a glass half full. No chance then I hear you say, especially when you read number 6 resolution. Lol, it’s unlikely but not impossible!
6. Okay number 6 is to cut down on the red and actually have more red free days than I currently do. It’s going to be hard but it needs doing if I am going to focus on health and fitness in 2012.
And there you have my 6 NY Resolutions. To be honest I don’t think they change much from year to year but I think its important to have a goal or a dream or something to aim for. That said, I hate January with a passion, it’s my most depressing month of the year. I am okay if I am in India, I can hack it then, but the first month of the year is pants. By the end of week one I’ve usually broken all of my NY resolutions and that makes me even more depressed. Will it be any different this year I wonder? I certainly so hope so. We have had 2 weeks of slobbing out and now its time to get focussed. We have to as we don’t have much choice. We have to get ourselves moved out of the caravan by the 15th of January. Also we need to get our backsides down to Lowestoft to visit Aunt Daphne in hospital. I managed to speak to her on the ward and she is hoping for that the surgeon will give her a new hip. If surgery goes ahead then she’s likely to be in hospital for some time.
And lastly but by no means least, we have to move Phil’s mum and dad. Phil has gone down to Melton today and will be speaking to the solicitor to discuss contracts and completion dates. Hopefully when he gets back this evening he has some firm dates that we can work towards. I can’t say I relish the thought of moving the old folks, its going to a wrench for them and much work for me and Phil. But hopefully they will be happy once they have settled in and who knows, maybe even in February we may get a chance to get away. I need sunshine in my life and I need it soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment