4 Sept 2012

Where does time go?



I really do not know where the time goes.  Times goes so quickly and I forever seem to be chasing my tail and the ‘to do’ list seems never ending.  Still, I suppose I know that I am alive and hopefully things will quiet down soon.  I picked Sue up from hospital last Tuesday and stayed with her at her house until Friday.  I think initially she was a little nervous about coming home but actually she’s doing very well considering she’s undergone some pretty massive surgery only 2 weeks ago.  I am pleased that she is being sensible and not overdoing things.  Hopefully, as the days go by she will gradually start to feel better.   Sue can’t drive for 6 weeks but maybe next week we can out for some outings, not too far just something to give her a change of scenery.

Aside from Tuesday, Phil has been working at the GP flat all week.  It was a particular busy day on Friday as we had the carpenter fitting new doors and the glazier putting on new window boards.  There wasn’t much that Phil or I could do and we were a little bit in the way.  Both tradesmen were still going at lunchtime so we went back to Sue’s house for some lasagne and salad.  When we went back after lunch the glazier had finished and Joe the carpenter wasn’t far off.  There was lots of mess from the shavings from the doors, so much so, that I almost had a panic attack but in the end I got it cleared up.  I think Phil mentioned in his August blog but we are really pleased with the new oak doors.  They look top class.   Sometimes I wish I had serious money and then I could do really good renovations.  But I do the best I can with what I’ve got and the window boards and the new internal doors have made a big difference to the flat.  Definitely money well spent.








We went back to the caravan late Friday afternoon. I had every intention to do a million things when we returned but in the end I flung on a couple of washes and slobbed out in front of the TV.  To make amends, I got up early on Saturday morning and was in Tesco’s at West Favell by half past seven.  I don’t like this shopping centre but I can just about bare it if I go early in the morning when nobody is around.  Funnily enough it is a huge Tesco at WF but the food selection is not very good. Still beggars can’t be choosers and I came away with everything on my list more or less.

Phil dismantled the desk in the office and I had wanted him to look at the end of the year accounts but it was a Grand Prix weekend so at lunchtime he settled himself on the sofa to watch the qualifying.  We had the remains of the lasagne that I cooked at Sue’s for lunch so that was easy. I spent most of the afternoon washing, drying and ironing.  I also spent 2 hours on live chat with Sky and what a waste of time that was.  Phil fell asleep at teatime; I watched the X-Factor and then went to bed.  Not a terribly exciting Saturday night.

On Sunday morning we went to Sue’s house.  We picked up a French stick from the Co-op in Newport and cooked sausages and onions in Sue’s kitchen for breakfast.  The idea was to have a substantial breakfast because we had planned to have a late lunch so Phil could watch the Grand Prix.  After breakfast we went to the flat as we’d packed the car full of stuff.   I had wanted to unpack all the crates and boxes but Phil wasn’t keen and actually I wasn’t sure where I wanted stuff.  We were back at Sue’s for midday in readiness for the Formula 1 programme. Phil & Sue watched the race whilst I cooked roast lamb and some chicken for Harriet who we’d invited round for lunch.  It was a chilled Sunday with wine, papers and lots of TV and we stayed at Sue’s which saved us going back to the caravan.


Phil had to be up reasonably early on Monday morning as he had to go back to the caravan to meet Jon the removal man and van. We had tried to arrange this for Saturday afternoon but Jon took another job so he couldn’t accommodate us.  I didn’t go back to the van with Phil as there was no point; he knew what needed to be packed on the van.   I did a few domestics for Sue and then met Phil at the flat with the removal man and van.  It’s amazing with the extra sofa and the table and chairs from the caravan how full up the flat now seems.  There definitely isn’t room for any more stuff.  I forgot to take photographs but I am pleased with how it’s taking shape.  We have Stony Stratford Aerials coming to fit a new aerial on Wednesday and hopefully on Friday we will be all but finished.  We plan to stay on Friday night which will be exciting.  We have the IKEA wardrobes being delivered sometime on Saturday so that will probably take us most of the day to assemble.    

Yesterday we went to IKEA to buy high white gloss bedside units.  They are not really practical as they are really high but we have so little storage space in the flat that I needed units with lots of drawers.  Whilst we were in the west of town, we nipped over to the storage unit to get a rug and the futon bed to take back to the caravan.  On the way back we stopped off at The Manor to have a bit of lunch.  It was a lovely sunny day and we sat outside to eat.

The caravan minus the table and chairs, the sofa and the desk was looking really empty and very sorry for itself.  Unfortunately when Phil went to assemble the futon sofa bed we realised that we hadn’t picked up all the bits from the storage unit so it is now stuck in the middle of the lounge where the table used to be.   We have some friends arriving this afternoon but we are going back to MK this morning and are going to try and find time to go back to the storage unit to pick up the bits. If not, then its no the end of the world we shall just have to live with the mess for a few days.  Alas, it will be another job for another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment