7 Sept 2012

On the move once again


This week has been busy and once again we don’t seem to have stopped but it hasn’t been as manic as it has been for the last 8 weeks.  On Tuesday we did half a day in MK; Phil built up the new bedside units and they don’t look as out of place as I had feared.  In fact the units like quite good albeit that they are not really that practical.  The top of the units lift up and they have a mirror which is quite quirky.  The bonus is that they have lots of drawers which gives us the storage space that we so badly need.  While Phil was busy screwing, I popped over to Sue’s to get her shopping list.  She only wanted a few bits but I had quite a lot to get.  We drove back to the caravan in one car stopping off at The Manor to buy meat for a BBQ.  We had just enough time to get showered and changed in readiness for Dave & Eva who were breaking up their journey from Southampton en route to Newcastle.



Dave & Eva arrived at Overstone just after 4pm.  We met Dave & Eva a couple of years ago in Tenerife and we met up with them again when we last went to the Canaries in May of this year.  They are a lovely couple and it was nice to see them again.  Dave & Eva love their holidays as much as we do so we have lots in common.  Since we last saw them, they have been on a cruise around the Baltics and are off again in November on a cruise around the Canaries.  As it was such a lovely day on Monday, we decided to do a BBQ on Tuesday evening.  Unfortunately although it was warm, the sky was cloudy and at one point I thought it was going to rain.  But we were lucky and we managed to sit outside for most of the evening.  





On Wednesday morning Phil cooked bacon on the BBQ and after breakfast we took Dave & Eva for a walk around the lakes.  We had to leave them to their own devices just after 11am because we needed to get to the GP flat to let in the aerial man.  There really wasn’t much for Phil to do at the flat but one of us had to be at the flat to supervise.  And actually it was just as well because Phil noticed that after the aerial guy had fitted black wire in the flat when I had specifically required white wire.   He wasn’t that enamoured when Phil asked him to change for white but it had to be done.  After the job was finished, Phil & I went to Argos to order a washing machine.  Space is tight in the airing cupboard so we had to order a special size.  It is being delivered today so hopefully it will fit.


As usual we stayed at Sue’s on Wednesday night.  Sue was feeling tired after a constant stream of visitors and I was feeling jaded after a late to bed night the evening before so we had a simple supper and I think we went up to bed at 9.30pm.  Sue is recovering nicely after her operation; her wound was a little weepy so she had to call in district nurse for some dressings.  She had a bit of a panic on Thursday morning because her wound went from a little weepy to a lot weepy but the district nurse came out and put on a waterproof dressing.  She said that a build up of fluid is pretty normal and the wound wasn’t infected which was good news.

Phil went back to Northampton yesterday and picked up Georgina and took her and all of her boxes to London.  She is renting a house with a couple of other students from LSE and obviously couldn’t take all of her belongings on the train.  I stayed in MK and went to IKEA to get some bits and pieces for the flat.  I did some unpacking and cleaning at the flat and then went back to the caravan after stopping off to check on Sue.  I had a stack of washing and ironing to do when I got back and I also had to clean the caravan next door in readiness for step dad and girlfriend who are coming to stay next week.  Phil got back from London at quarter to five.  He was absolutely knackered as the sat nav took him right the way through the middle of London.  So it was a quiet night, a sandwich for tea and we caught up with the Big Brother evictions.


It is a big day for us today as tonight we are staying at the GP flat for the first time.  I have got a heap of stuff ready to load in the car and the plan is that we will stay at the GP flat for 3 nights at least.  I feel a little bit all over the place at this moment.  The caravan is looking very sorry for itself now that we have taken so much stuff out.   Phil wants to take the 50 inch plasma to the GP flat and the recorder but I am wondering whether we just ought to take the small telly from next door.  One of the problems is that we won’t have an internet connection at the GP until the 27th and I am not sure I can go that long without internet access.  I think we may have to invest in one of those doolie dangle thing-me-jigs.  Well not much else to report.  Time is moving and I need to get a shower and get this show on the road. Bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment