It has not been a weekend without incident. It all started off well. Phil & I went to MK on Friday morning. We didn’t have a stack of stuff to do but we managed
to achieve everything that we wanted. We
picked up a couple of things from the storage unit and got another dining room
chair from IKEA which Phil put together.
Step dad and partner Marie sent a text to say that they had arrived at
the caravan and had found the key which we had put in a secret place and I
guess it was around 3pm by the time that we arrived back at Overstone. I had stocked the fridge next door so John
& Marie were able to make themselves a sandwich for lunch while they waited
for us to get back. It was chilly but
the sun was shining so we were able to sit outside with a cup of coffee and
catch up.
We decided to have dinner at The Manor which was nice and
easy. There weren’t very many people
eating which surprised me for a Friday evening but we had to wait quite a while
for our food to arrive. It was all
going well, until when we were walking back to the car, John tripped on the kerbside
just outside the pub gate. He went flat
out and when we went to help him up it was obvious that he had done something to
his hand as 2 of his fingers were bent over in a funny position. He was also a little dazed which was
understandable. Once we got him back to
the caravan it was decided that he should go to A&E. Luckily Marie had only had 1 drink so she was
able to drive. Phil went with them to
show them the way and also to give them some moral support. I stayed home alone.
Unfortunately whilst I was waiting for everyone to get back
from A&E, I managed to trip over one of the guy ropes from the gazebo and
fell down hard on the paving slabs. I remember seeing stars but because of the
red wine that I’d drunk, I didn’t think I had hurt myself too badly although I did
have a cut above my lip which refused to stop bleeding. It was quite late when they got back. John was treated v very well in the
minor injury unit; he had an x-ray to check whether his fingers were broken. Thankfully they were not but they were
dislocated which meant that they had to be snapped back into place and then he
was given another x-ray to see if this had worked. It had, so he was sent home
with his fingers strapped up and a course of antibiotics. Not a great start to the weekend.
When I woke up, my head and neck were really stiff and sore. I went into the bathroom and as well as a
couple of blood stained scabs, I discovered that I also had a black eye. It was actually more purple than black, but
still nonetheless, not a pretty sight.
John also had a black eye from his fall so we looked a right pair. Poor John said he didn’t sleep very well because of
the pain. I went to the shop to get him
some Nurofen but this didn’t really help.
I did wonder whether it would be best to stay at Overstone for the day
so that John could rest up but he said that he was fine so we went over to
MK. We dropped Marie off at Hobby Craft
so she could have a browse and then we went to the OB flat as I wanted to see
what condition it was in. It wasn’t too
bad I suppose, but I was a little disappointed at how unkempt it was, seeing as
the tenants had only been there for 6 months.
I need to do some painting and some cleaning and change some of the soft
furnishings. Also I need to check out
the damp problem with the neighbour below.
We picked Marie up and then went back to the GP flat to have
some lunch. J&M had seen the flat
when we were still in the process of stripping off wallpaper so they were
surprised by how much we had achieved.
It’s always nice to have positive feedback and just confirms that we are
on the right track. Lunch was simple, just a couple of slices of quiche and
cups of coffee all round. Whilst we were
at the flat, Phil picked up a delivery note to say that the new HD telly that
Phil had ordered, had been delivered to our neighbour across the way. Phil collected it and assembled with the help
of one armed John. It was fine but for
some reason Phil couldn’t pick up any HD channels which is a mystery. We finished the afternoon with a stroll round
Newport Pagnell High Street and then we went to Sue’s for supper.
I picked up a menu from East Ocean, the Chinese restaurant
in Newport. We ordered enough dishes for
the 5 of us and I went into town to pick it up.
Sue had already laid the table so when I got back, all we had to do was
take off lids and we were ready to go.
Our takeaway was very nice, I think all of us went back for seconds and
there wasn’t much thrown away so we’d ordered just enough. Marie doesn’t really drink, John couldn’t
drink because of his antibiotics and I was the designated driver but it was
still a nice evening. I guess it was
half ten by the time we got back to the caravans.
After egg sandwiches for breakfast, John & Marie headed
back to Suffolk and I set about cleaning both the caravans. I had a stack of washing to do as I had the
bedding from the OB flat plus the bedding from the caravan next door. While I washed and cleaned, Phil cooked
Sunday lunch which made a nice change. I
seemed to spend all afternoon yesterday doing the ironing but I’d finished by
tea time and promptly fell asleep as soon as I sat down on the sofa. I woke up in time to watch the X-Factor and
then it was early to bed.
The plan was to leave for MK early this morning but by the
time we’d packed up and Phil had showered and cooked himself a fry-up, it was
nearly 11am by the time we left Overstone.
I had wanted to do so much this morning but it just didn’t happen. I dropped Phil at the GP flat and then I went
to see Sue. She wanted to get some
shopping so after tea and a chat, we just went to the Tesco Express on Green
Park. We skipped lunch and went to the OB flat. I wanted to have a bit of a
tidy up and I also wanted to dress the beds.
The professional cleaners are going in tomorrow at the tenants expense
and I will then get on and do my bits later on in the week. I felt a little better when I left it but it’s
still far from finished.
I am still feeling a little sore from my fall on Friday but
Sue gave me a pack of her Codeine painkillers and they have helped. My eye is still purple but the swelling has
gone down. We’ve already eaten our
dinner which Phil cooked, and after posting, I am going to soak myself in a bubble bath
which is already run. Then its clean pyjamas, a bit of telly and an early
night. After all of the excitement of the weekend, this girl needs to rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment