20 Aug 2012

Hot, Sticky but Sweet!



I’m hot and I’m sticky so it’s going to be a brief posting tonight I’m afraid. Hooray you are saved and yes you probably are from my usual rantings, but I’m glad to say, that all in all though, we have had a really great weekend.

We drove early into MK on Saturday morning; I dropped Phil off at the GP flat to finish off the final part of the boxing and went over to help Sue put away her mega table.  Sue had held a dinner party 8 on Friday night so we needed a de-brief to see how it all went.  It all went well, although pre op I think she was kind of crazy cooking for so many when she faces a major op on Tuesday but it’s up to her.  She was happy enough when I saw her, the evening was successful and we caught up over a cup of tea in deck chairs with the sun shining in the garden.

Afterwards I went to see how Phil was doing.  He had done well, especially in the heat.  I think, although it’s far from finished, that this bathroom is the best that he has ever done.   Unfortunately I couldn’t do much when I got to the flat, as usual I did a tip run and did a hover up but that about it.  We left the flat at midday and went to Sue’s for a shower and change.  I can’t tell you how guilty I feel about abusing Sue’s house and her hospitality but she offers it and it has saved our skin more times than I can say.  


I dropped Phil off at Jim & Shirley’s a little early for Dan’s 30th and his and Kylie’s departure to Oz party.   The Robb family are so lucky because it happened to be one of the hottest days of the year and I was pleased for them.  I couldn’t stay because I had volunteered to meet Sue at her dad’s annual fete at his retirement home.  For one I needed to meet Bill again and remind him who I was just in case I need to visit whilst Sue is in hospital and secondly I wanted to give her some support.  He is a lovely old chap but it can be wearing on Sue especially when she has to do her dad visiting sometimes 3 or 5 times a week. Actually it was a nice afternoon albeit on the hot side.  I nearly melted when we sat outside and ate our hotdogs but it was nice to see so many people attend and the place was packed out.



I guess I left about half four and that was enough for me, leaving Sue to sort out her dads tea.  I picked up HH from Caldecotte and then we drove to Jim & Shirley’s for Dan’s party.  It was in full swing by the time we got there.  The majority of guests were Dan & Kylie’s friends which is as it should have been, most of them we didn’t know.  They were a crowd and as usual we had a great time. J&S certainly know how to throw a party and hats off to the pair of them, this one was a good one.  We were really surprised to see little Younga from Malaysia because we thought she wasn’t coming but she came out on a secret flight to join Tom and the family.  She is such a lovely girl and we were both shocked and surprised when Tom announced their engagement sometime near midnight.  This means that both the Robb boys will be married within the next year.  I can’t quite believe it; me and Phil still remember them as youngsters.


I am pleased to report that me and Phil weren’t the last to leave although it was half one by the time we got back to Sue’s house.  Thankfully she hadn’t been in long and was still awake.  Apparently the party went on until 7am.  Our Harriet left at 3am and god only knows what time J&S got to bed.  Happy Birthday Dan hope you had good one.   Also congratulations to Tom and Younga. Aka thanks to our Jim & Shirley for inviting us. 


Again, another groggy start to a Sunday morning. We really must stop this partying because we just can’t hack it these days.  Alas, it’s always no social for weeks then everything comes at once.  I must not complain, life is for living right and one must make the most of.  I had already decided that Sue should have a distraction day so me and Phil took her to the cinema to the latest Bourne film. I am not sure, that when the time came, that she really wanted to go because she looked so comfy in the shade with her cup of tea and her book but we went anyway.
The film was okay, it was a distraction but we all agreed that it didn’t really rock all of our boats and we were not certainly holding on to the edge of seats with anticipation.

But hopefully for Sue it was a distraction and time out away from home. I was surprised Phil didn’t fall asleep, he was so hung over and tired and ‘hanging’ as Harriet would say but he hung in there.  As did I, I didn’t feel so rough but I was tired and that is the thing for me.  This girl needs at least 9 hours and that’s without the wine!!!

Unfortunately I had  left my Chevrolet Matiz at J&S’s as I had fully intended to drive on Saturday evening but that didn’t happen which meant that because Phil had left the Land Rover at the GP flat Sue not only had to drive to the cinema but she also had to drive us to lunch.  We decided upon lunch at the pub at Westcroft.  The name of which is escaping me at the moment.  We opted for a table outside which in retrospect was a mad move because the sun moved round and by the time our lunch was served up our table was sunny.  The food was quite good, Phil had one whine about his overdone chips but we suspected that these were thrice cooked chips and Phil is not a fan of these so he was never going to like them.  After lunch was eaten we were jaded, Sue did her injection in the loo and dropped Phil off to pick up my car from J&S’s and also my mobile.  Bless him; my mobile is neither very valuable or life saving to me but I am sure gonna need it this week.

As the weekend comes to an end, I wish I could say that I am chilled and relaxed but alas I am not and neither is Phil.  It’s true; it’s been a great one with plenty of sunshine and a fair amount of R&R, well at least certainly more than we’ve had for awhile.  But the truth be told, that tonight as I post, we are pretty hungover from last night and fairly pooped.  That aside though, our bleary minds and bodies are nothing in comparison to our Sue who goes into hospital tomorrow.  I am driving her to The Churchill at Oxford first thing and then she has her major operation on Tuesday.  All our thoughts are with her.  Hopefully this time next week she will be on her way home and the well on the way to recovery.









No comments:

Post a Comment