It’s the end of the week and I feel weary. Unlike last week this one has dragged. We
have been working at the flat every day and things don’t seem to be progressing
very fast. I am not sure why because Phil has been working his socks off. We had a couple of late starts and we have
had a few trips to source stuff from DIY shops.
We went to IKEA to get some LED lights for the kitchen units and were
amazed at how expensive they were. We
took ages choosing and in the end went for some cheap ones which turned out to
be absolutely crap so they will have to be returned. We went to Wickes to try and buy a sheet of
stainless steel for the splash-back area behind the cooker but we found out
that it would take 2 to 3 weeks for delivery so we gave up on that. In the end we went over to Bletchley to order
from our usual supplier.
Unfortunately the stainless steel is not ready and until we
get this, we can’t screw back the kitchen.
Phil has been working hard sawing the white gloss to go round the wall
units. This isn’t an easy job as it
involves lots of sawing but the units do look good when they are done so I
think it is worth all of the effort.
Things are beginning to come together in the GP flat but it is all
taking time, lots of time. It has not been
a particularly strenuous week for me because mostly its been Phil jobs. I have mostly been cleaning up and doing
endless trips to the dump.
On Wednesday afternoon I left Phil sawing and went to see
Vanessa for a cup of tea. I hadn’t seen
her in ages so it was good to catch up.
Vanessa had just returned from a climb in Snowden. She was telling me
all about her London to Brighton walk which sounded horrendous and even she
said it was hardest thing she had ever done.
I take my hat off to Vanessa, I think I am reasonably fit but I couldn’t
attempt to do any of the stuff that she has challenged herself to do. The Ford family minus Shannon are off to
Crete on Sunday so I hope they have a great well deserved holiday.
Phil went out with the Wednesday night boys as usual and I
stayed home with Sue for a girlie night in and she cooked salmon and mash with
fresh veggies. After all the take-aways
and crap food we have been consuming recently it made a nice change to have
proper home cooked food.
Other than working in the flat we have enjoyed watching the Olympics
this week. Phil and I both said that we
have watched more of the2012 Olympics than we have any other year. Yesterday afternoon we managed to catch the
canoe medals and the clay pigeon shooting medal when we dropped by Sue’s to
cadge a cup of tea before heading back to Overstone. I think we won a few other medals yesterday so definitely a good day for Great Britain.
Today we are back at the flat; Phil has more of the wall
units to encase and I need to finish the painting in the bathroom. Phil tiled the bathroom floor on Wednesday
and he grouted it before we left yesterday.
It will need a good clean this morning and then I can get on with my
painting. I’m afraid it hasn’t been a
terribly exciting week and so not much to blog about. Phil says that i if you don't have anything much to say then you shouldn't say anything at all but I think I'd try a few paragraphs this morning if only to sum up our week. Unfortunately my camera died on me yesterday which wasn’t
surprising seeing as I haven’t charged it for ages so I apologise for the lack
of photographs. That said, there are
only so many pictures of painted walls and half made up kitchen units that one
can take so perhaps my lack of visuals is a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment