It’s been a busy few days. Joe the carpenter and his
father-in-law Trevor came back on Friday to continue working on the staircase. They wanted us out of the way so we gave them
a key and buggered off at half past eight.
We decided to drive to the caravan to do a couple of jobs. The first job was dismantling the sofa bed in
readiness to it take down to Georgina in London and the other thing we had to
do was to give a key to Dennis next door so he can drain down the caravan. We won’t be back to stay until March so we
figured we may as well get it shut down now rather than wait for the park to
close down. It makes sense. The weather is mild at the moment but that
can soon change.
After leaving the caravan we drove to Morrisons at
Wellingborough for last bits of Christmas shopping. This turned out to be a very bad move; half
of Northamptonshire were in Morrisons and in the end we gave up. I thought Phil was going to have a heart
attack whilst getting stuck in the car park; he was getting himself worked up
into frenzy so I thought it was a good idea to get the hell out of there. We queued to get out but we did get out in
the end. On the way back we stopped off
at Sainsbury’s, this store was busy but we managed to get in and out without
too much of a problem.
We were anxious that we wouldn’t be able to get access to the
flat when we got back without a ladder but Joe & Trevor had made really good
progress and we were both pleased and surprised. Unfortunately they couldn’t get the staircase
finished in time for Christmas but they promised to be back first thing in the New
Year. They reckon they only need one
more day but I think 2 days is more realistic because they’ve saved the most
difficult bit until last. Although far
from finished, the steps are already looking 10 times better.
On Friday evening Sue picked us up from the flat and we went
to hers for dinner. Sue had 11 over for
dinner and wanted us to meet her new networking friends. Sue has joined several groups this year and
it was a very interesting mix of folks on Friday. A good evening but, as always, too much wine
and a late one to bed which didn’t bode well for the following day.
I didn’t make it to the gym on Saturday because I didn’t get
up until nearly 11am. Phil cooked us a
fry up when he got up and after packing, we finally left for Letchworth shortly
after 1pm. It was a foul, foul day, lots
of local flooding on the B roads along the way and it took us just over an hour
to get to the Letchwoth Hall Hotel. I’d
seen a Groupon voucher for dinner & Christmas party and we’d arranged to
meet up with Sue & Brian & Steve & Jan. The hotel was a Mecure and the rooms were
nicer than anticipated. Phil & I
were the first to arrive and we were joined in the Bar by Sue & Brian not
long after. Jan & Steve arrived an
hour later; they’d come separately as Jan had driven to the hotel from her mum’s
house. I felt sorry for Steve as he had
a stinking cold and cough and was on a course of antibiotics. We had a couple of drinks and then everyone
disappeared to their rooms to get ready for the evening’s festivities.
After meeting up in the bar we made our way to the function
room where we were seated at our table and served up a 3 course Christmas
meal. It was standard Christmas fare but
for mass catering it wasn’t bad at all.
The DJ started the disco after dinner was finished and we danced the night
away. When I see we, I refer to the
girls as I don’t think any of the boys got up on the dance floor. I thought it was a good evening and hopefully
all the others did too.
Another late
night and we struggled to get out of bed yesterday morning. It would have been so nice to have a lie in
and chill out in bed with tea and newspapers but that wasn’t an option for
us. It was Phil’s dad’s birthday and we’d
booked a table at the Bowls Club.
It was
just before 9am when we checked out and got on the A1 and to drive to Melton. We’d allowed ourselves 2 hours for the
journey but we got to mum and dads in an hour and a quarter. It is really difficult to choose a present
for Phil’s dad and invariably he doesn’t like what we get him but yesterday for
once he was thrilled with our gift. Okay
thrilled might be slightly over exaggerating but he did like the new leather
seat pads that we’d ordered for his car.
Phil took them out of the packet and fitted them on the front seats and
they fit a treat.
We were the first to
be seated at our table at the Bowls Club which is probably just as well because
it was busy. Lunch was the carvery; we
just had the one course and were back at the bungalow before 1 o’clock. Mum said that ‘Deal or No Deal’ was starting
at 2pm so we decided. I felt a bit
guilty leaving so early but we both felt knackered and just wanted to get home.
There was an accident causing congestion between J14 and J13
so we came off at Northampton and drove the back way home. Once back at the flat, we didn’t do anything.
We changed into our pyjamas and watched some films that we’d recorded. I felt, when I went to bed last night, that I
could sleep for England and I am sure I could have, if my neighbour hadn’t woken
us by banging his door when he went to work at 5am this morning. Never mind, I have a long list of things to
do so maybe just as well I am up and dressed.
Thanks to everyone that sent us a Christmas card this
year. If you haven’t received a card
from us, it’s because we haven’t sent any.
Instead we have sponsored Vanessa, when in May, she will be running a
marathon and climbing Mt Toubkal in aid of Willen Hospice. A very worthwhile cause and one that is close
to our hearts. http://www.justgiving.com/VanessaFord
This will be the last post from me for a few days, so all
that remains for me to do, is to wish all of you, a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a healthy
New Year. Have a good one and I hope
that Santa brings you everything that your hearts deserve.
Cheers!!
Happy Christmas Claire and Phil, hope it's a good one xxx
ReplyDeleteAre you interested in any kinds of hacking services?
ReplyDeleteFeel free to contact TECHNECHHACKS.
For years now we’ve helped so many organizations and companies in hacking services.
TECHNECHHACKS is a team of certified hackers that has their own specialty and they are five star rated hackers.
We give out jobs to hackers (gurus only) to those willing to work, with or without a degree, to speed up the availability of time given to jobs!!
Thus an online binary decoding exam will be set for those who needs employment under the teams establishment.
we deal with the total functioning of sites like,
+ SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, google hangout etc.)
+ CREDIT CARDS INSTALLATION
+ WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
+ MONEY FLIPPING
+ BANK ACCOUNTS
+ IOS/OS
+ CRIMINAL RECORDS
+ SCHOOL GRADES
+ CREDIT SCORES
+ SPOUSES PHONE
+ BTC RECOVERY
+ BTC MINING
+ BTC INVESTMENT
Thus bewere of scammers because most persons are been scammed and they ended up getting all solutions to their cyber bullies and attacks by US.
I am Jason williams one of the leading hack agent.
PURPOSE IS TO GET YOUR JOBS DONE AT EXACTLY NEEDED TIME REQUESTED!!!
And our WORK SUCCESS IS 100%!!!
I’m always available for you when you need help.
Contact or write us on:
Technechhacks@gmail.com
SIGNED....!
Jason. W
Technechhacks
2020©️All Right Reserved