Step dad arrived around 1’ish on Friday. He barely had time to unpack his case and have a cup of coffee and a sandwich before starting work, putting up the gazebo. It looked perfect on the internet but on opening the package it wasn’t quite as strong and sturdy as I had hoped. As per the instructions in the box it was certainly a 3 man job putting the darn thing up. It was meant to be easy to erect but it took us ages just to get the frame up. It took longer getting the roof and the netting up but we eventually managed. The last job of the day was drilling it into the patio to make it secure. Phil and John did most of the hard work and they were more than ready for their pint at teatime. We ate at The Manor for convenience more than anything else plus John had already been to the clubhouse when he visited with Marie last year. The pub grub was fine and afterwards it was back to the caravan.
I had a fairly early night on Friday but Phil went to bed at midnight and wasn’t very impressed with me when I woke him up at 4am to go for a wee. We were both awake for ages and read for a bit but in the end we switched off the light and went back to sleep. It was around 9’ish but the time we got up and going. Phil did bacon sandwiches for everyone and then it was cooking time. Phil had done the chilli the day before but on Saturday morning he marinated his chicken and cooked a chicken tikka masala. He did a massive bowl of rice and some home made garlic bread. The morning passed quite quickly; we had planned to do some gardening but not only was there no time but the weather was cold and drizzly.
Jim & Anne picked up Sue and they arrived at Overstone just after 2pm. We had planned to do a BBQ but I am glad we changed to plan B because it really was quite cold. We entertained in the caravan next door as there is more seating than in our caravan. This worked quite well; Phil served up garlic prawns with chunks of French bread which was very tasty. For the main we had curries and rice which was fine except for the chilli con carne which as very hot. As usual Phil did his usual trick and overdosed on the chillies. Sue had very kindly brought over some desserts; there were loads of sweet things, homemade apple crumble, a fruit cheesecake as well as tiramisu with cream and custard. Jim, John & Sue were keen to watch the Chelsea final so at 7pm the music was turned off and on went the telly. I hadn’t realised how big a Chelsea fan Sue was, she’d even brought and put on her Chelsea shirt. Me and Phil aren’t really into football but it was quite exciting watch the final and thank goodness Chelsea won. It was midnight by the time everyone left and I think a good time was had by all, just a shame about the weather really.
Sunday was a reasonably early start bearing in mind we were late to bed the night before. Phil took John over to Anne & Jim’s in MK to look at their caravan which they are selling. I was going to go with them but decided to stay behind and clean the two caravans. I also wanted to do some washing and make a few telephone calls. Phil and step dad were gone for a good couple of hours and I had just about finished my chores when they came back. Thankfully John liked Jim & Anne’s caravan and they agreed a deal so both parties are happy. The only that downside is that Jim & Anne have got to keep the caravan on their drive until John finds somewhere to store it in Suffolk.
We had lunch at the clubhouse which for some reason was packed out. I think this was probably because the weather has been so horrible. We noticed that the pool was open, unsurprisingly although it is heated there was nobody swimming. Lunch was good; we all went for the roast which as £6.75 per head is very reasonable. After lunch we both went back to our separate caravan’s lunch to take a siesta. I fell asleep on the sofa, John did his sudukoo and Phil watched a film. Last night was cheese and biscuits and an early night.
I feel as if all I’ve done for the last few days is eat and drink but I don’t suppose that matters once in a while. Phil is talking about going back on a diet but I can’t see it happening this week. We have one fridge full of sausages, bacon and left over desserts and another fridge full of beer. The beer will keep but I know one person that won’t be able to resist the sweet stuff and it certainly won't be me!
No comments:
Post a Comment