14 Mar 2012

Homeward Bound

Carrying on from where we got to last time, Claire eventually decided on the Japanese/Chinese/Thai for Sunday lunch.  It was a great disappointment, very bland and unexciting; we are not really sure how it got on our list.  By the way, Im sorry that the words and photos didn’t match in any way shape or form in my last entry but the computer at our hotel is a nightmare.  Spanish keyboard where you cant find the right key combination to get the right key, it was very slow and frustrating and kept crashing when uploading photos.  I ended up uploading half the photos in one session without words because I had forgotten to save my text as a word file so it was still in Mac format and couldn't be read.  I then had to make the long walk back to our apartment, re-save my text on my pc and make the long walk back again.  I continued by reloading the remaining pictures but it crashed half way through and all the photos were all over the place.  I almost gave up, but decided to just place the text wherever and keep the text in the right order so thats how you got it everywhere.




On Monday, our last full day, we decided to have a drive along the coast and were delighted to find Los Abrigos only a few km along the coast.  There was even a footpath along the coast to San Blas but this meant that it had more than its fair share of tourists.  Its a little natural harbor and I guess must have predated the invasion.  Consequently, every restaurant was very over priced with the cheapest meal starting at least €16 but the views were good and thats why they can get away with it.  We walked all around the harbor deciding to drive onto the next place that would be away from foot tourists at least.




We found a delightful larger town called Playa de la Tejita about 6km further on which was just as pretty and lower prices.  We had trouble parking and soon found ourselves along the coast some.  We walked back around the bay but Claire was already hungry and stopped for a drink in the first place that we found.  Lucky strike!





We found a table upstairs and settled down to a nice cold drink to chill out.  I hope that we get more time when we come back in May to explore this little town.



 It was a lovely day and nice to just relax for a while.  It wasn’t long before the place began to fill up. I became fascinated with the little blue window in the old wall; something that you might have expected one of the Spanish artists like Picasso or Dali to include in a painting.


I’m not sure what this picture is doing here but it looks like we are back in our complex.  Never mind, its got good colour. 


 I was really surprised when I just downloaded this picture to my pc.  The old trio that we called “The Tenors”, are much older than we thought.  They sounded like they had all had a few but kept bursting into song.  Really nice operatic song.  They were too far away to see properly so I took this picture will full zoom and steadying it on the railing.  It was too bright to see on the little camera screen so its the first time I have seen it.  Anyway, we had king prawns in garlic with crusty bread between us and it was delightful.  What a pleasant way to spend an hour or two.  This put us in the mood to carry on when we got back.  Just as well as I had bought loads of beer at the beginning and drank none of them.  We didn't bother with the tv as they only have news channels in English anyway.  We put music on through my i-phone plugged into my docking station and had a party; dancing, downstairs, upstairs and even outside.  Shame the three Tenors weren't there to join us. 




Our last night over all that remained was our traveling day; our least favorite of all days on our trips; the dreaded journey home.  You can just about bear the journey out as you know that your holiday is ahead of you.  We had to be out of our apartment by 12.00 which is not too bad so we left it until the end before dumping our stuff in the boot of the car and heading off to the Aberdeen Angus Steak bar.  It was actually one of the ones on the list but because it was a chain, I left it off my list.  Don’t leave it off your list! 


I had egg mayonnaise with tuna salad while Claire had seafood cocktail to start.  Followed by, not only the largest fillet steak that I had ever had, but the largest that I had ever seen.  I was so taken aback that forgot to take pictures of them.  Claire had pepper sauce with hers and I had fried onions but the came with roast potatoes, roast mixed veg and garnish.  A real Spanish classic Anne.  I even got Claire to have the sweet but only by delaying it for 2 hours while Claire read and I caught up on the free wifi that they offer.  Amazing; and all this for just €7.95 each.  We will be back.
 



All that remained left was the long wait at the airport and our flight back.  Other than returning the car with the deep scratches on the back wheel arch.  I never twang a car so don’t bother with the collision damage waiver.  This time was different and I was embarrassed taking it back.  The only tree spaces that remained to return the car was right outside the rental office.  I decided to reverse in so they couldn’t see it from their office.  Bad move, in my panic I managed to twang it into a support post that I hadn’t even seen.  A vertical dent all the way down the back of the car.  OMG, how embarrassing!  Nobody came out of the office, so I pulled forward and had another go this time with success.  I went to the office to find nobody there so thats why.  We took the keys back to the rental office where we picked them up from and quickly headed off to check in and get through the gates early.  I got into a sweat and though that I would pass out at one point; I hadn’t realized that this sort of thing affected me so much.  Anyway, we got the trumpet call from Ryan air and we actually about 20 minutes early but still had to wait for our taxi.  Thats it folks, back to Claire again until the end of the month.


Just one last word to say that while we were away, Prestige managed to let our flat out and the new tenants move in tomorrow.  Guess what, he even managed to get an extra £100 a month from our previous crap tenants so back on the road to recovery and all our hard work paid off.  We need something to pay for all these holidays.  Back to the caravan to pick up the table and chairs tomorrow and get them in before 12.00 when they move in.  We need to get a new one for the caravan from Ikea to take with us on Friday when we move back in for the next episode of our lives.  A big thank you to Sue, for having us for the last 2 months.  I guess that your life has been turned upside down while we have been here, but we hope that you enjoyed it as much as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment