27 Nov 2012

Great Groupon Experience



I am pleased to report that my first Groupon experience was a good one.  In fact, a very good one and I know that Sue would agree with me. I was a tad early picking up Sue and we arrived at Glotanz in Pottersbury half an hour before our actual appointment.  The Glotanz salon was on a mini industrial estate and as there was nowhere else to go we decided to go inside and at least wait in the warm. The staff were very friendly; they showed us to comfy seats and made us a cup of tea while they got things ready for us.  The salon didn’t look much from the outside but it was very nicely decorated with up-to-date treatment rooms.  Sue & I had n together and I think we thought we would have a beautician each but there is only one full time beautician.  I didn’t catch her name but she showed us upstairs to the beauty room www.glotanz.co.uk 




Sue had her manicure first and then I had mine while her nails dried.  Next up was a pedicure for Sue and then I had my toes done.  Last time we had a pedicure done at MK College we both went home with smudged toe nails but not last Friday.  The next part of our voucher was a mini facial which was very nice.  I made Sue go first for the eye lash extensions because I wasn’t too sure about them but hers look great when they were done so I decided to get my lashes done.  I thought I may as well because I’d paid my money so what the heck.  They did feel a bit weird but not uncomfortable.  Sue has naturally long lashes and I thought her eyes looked better than mine.  We were in the salon for almost 3 hours and I think for £24 (each) we received excellent value for money.


We decided to go to the garden centre just the other side of Towcester where we had a very tasty sausage and onion baguette washed down with a pot of tea.  Very civilised and very much on Friday we were ladies that lunch!  I couldn’t believe the amount of traffic in Towcester town centre, it took us ages to get through town but once we got past the race track we sailed home. Sue was on a fairly tight schedule so I dropped her off at home and then went back to the flat.   It was cracking on for half two by this time.

Our weekend was a quiet; I went to the gym in the morning.  I popped into Asda afterwards and then went home.  It was a truly foul day.  On Saturday afternoon I wrapped some Christmas presents while Phil watched the qualifying of the Grand Prix.  Phil picked up Harriet from Caldecotte and dropped her off in Newport and on the way back he picked up a Chinese meal for one which we shared between us.  

Thankfully it was much a better day, weather wise on Sunday.  I had a good workout at the gym and did the ironing when I got back to the flat.  As it was such a nice day and we didn’t have much in the fridge, we decided to walk to The Nags Head for lunch.  We were quite early which was just as well because a party of 31 was booked for lunch which only left 2 small free tables.  Phil and I both had the roast beef which was okay, not the best Sunday lunch but we’ve had some very nice meals there before so maybe Sunday was a one off.  It was funny because the bar maid was a girl that I used to go to school with and I hadn’t seen her in nearly 31 years.  We walked home, Phil watched the very last Grand Prix of the season and that was pretty much our Sunday.  I’m sorry but hardly anything newsworthy to write about so just a short posting from me today.  I need to do something to spice up my life.  Having enjoyed my Groupon experience I think I may just need to look on their website to see what other bargain vouchers I can find. 

1 comment:

  1. I know that beautician's name, its Vanessa Ford. Looks like she had her work cut out!

    ReplyDelete